Saturday, January 29, 2011

I am in control

I am very glad I went to the gym alone this morning, seeing as how I didn't hear from Farrah this afternoon. I have come to a beautiful, wonderful, empowering realization tonight...
I am in control of my life. I went to the gym, alone. It wasn't bad. Nobody stared at me. Nobody weird tried to talk to me. I didn't feel like I was being judged of ridiculed.
I worked hard. I pushed myself. I worked up a sweat. I certainly burned calories. I did it by myself.
I want to change myself. I want to improve myself. I want to be a better, healthier, more fit, more confident Ani. The common thread is me. I want this. I affect this.
I'm done with excuses. I'm done (irrationally) reasoning my bad decisions. I see my bad decisions, I accept them for what they are, and I choose, beginning now, to NOT make them anymore, to not let them bring me down or hold me back.
I choose how, when, and how hard/often I work out. I choose what, when, and how often I eat. I do. This is me. This is my life. This is for my future. I can do this. I will do this. I. AM. IN. CONTROL.



No comments: